Moving to Burleson- the ultimate guide
Get A Free Moving Quote
"*" indicates required fields
Table Of Contents
To know what awaits you after you relocate you need to take the time and find out all there is to know about it. In this article, we’ll help you discover what you need to know before moving to Burleson, TX. It may be the perfect place for some of our readers to continue their life, but it can easily be the wrong place for any one of you reading this article. So, if relocation is what is on your mind, you ought to stay with us till the end for one of the top providers of moving services DFW is here, right by your side to guide you in choosing the perfect place for you. Now, let’s take a closer look at what Burleson is all about.
Moving to Burleson – the basic information about the town
Burleson is a city located in Johnson and Tarrant counties in the state of Texas, United States. It is a suburb of Fort Worth and is situated approximately 12 miles south of downtown Fort Worth.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 27.0 square miles in land and 0.04 square miles in water. As of the 2020 Census, the population of Burleson was estimated to be around 49,628 people.
The city has a rich history dating back to the 1800s when it was founded. It has several parks and recreational areas, including Bailey Lake Park, Chisenhall Park, and the Hidden Creek Golf Course. Burleson is also home to a number of annual events and festivals. Some of them include the Burleson Honey Fest and the Burleson Wine Crawl.
In terms of job opportunities, let us point out right away that the job market is very healthy here. So, if you are thinking about securing help from commercial movers DFW has to offer to relocate your business, this would be a good destination to choose.
Good education options are available in Burleson
When it comes to education, Burleson Independent School District operates several elementary, middle, and high schools in the city. The city is also home to Hill College, a community college that offers a wide range of programs and courses. Therefore, if you are thinking about moving here with your kids and with the help of DFW apartment movers, you can rest assured knowing that education options are available locally. Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect out of Burleson education opportunities.
Public schools in Burleson
When it comes to the quality of public schools, we would like to point out that it is very good. While Burleson is not a city with prime education options, it can surely be a stepping stone that can enable your children to gain quality knowledge once enrolled in university.
The Burleson Independent School District (BISD) serves the majority of students in the city. BISD operates several elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools, as well as an alternative education center. The district has a reputation for academic excellence. Also, it offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and programs. Some of them are athletics, fine arts, and career and technical education. If you already have fine art in your possession, but look to move to a place where your kids could develop their art creation skills, looking for help from fine art moving DFW offers is a good idea. Professional movers can ensure that your art pieces go through the move unscathed. At the same time, your kids would get a chance to improve their skills as well.
For families seeking private education options, there are several private schools in Burleson. Some of them are Burleson Adventist School, Holy Cross Christian Academy, and The Academy at Nola Dunn. These schools offer a range of educational programs and may have different philosophies, curricula, and admission requirements.
Burleson is also home to Hill College, a community college that offers associate degree programs, certificate programs, and workforce training courses. Hill College has a campus in Burleson that offers courses in fields such as business, healthcare, technology, and more. If you would like to be closer to your children, but already live in the area, you should get in touch with local movers DWF residents trust the most.
Free-time activities to count on after moving to Burleson
One of the good news about moving to Burleson is that here not only can you obtain a quality education and a good job, but you can have fun as well. Here are some of the free-time activities that you can do:
- Go for a walk in parks
- Play golf
- Do all kinds of sports at Burleson Recreation Center
- Go to bars and restaurants
- Attend a festival
If you are moving to Burleson with the help of long distance movers DFW has to offer, you deserve to know the details about the above-mentioned to-do things. So, let’s take a closer look at them.
Discover parks in Burleson
Burleson has several parks and recreational areas that offer a range of amenities and activities for residents and visitors. Some of the most prominent ones are the following:
- Bailey Lake Park is a 50-acre park that features a lake for fishing and boating, picnic areas, playgrounds, walking trails, and a pavilion. The park is a popular spot for family outings and outdoor activities.
- Chisenhall Park is a 54-acre park that features a skate park, a disc golf course, playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails. The park also has several sports facilities, including baseball and softball fields, soccer fields, and basketball courts.
- The Hidden Creek Sports Complex is a 110-acre park that features several sports facilities, including baseball and softball fields, soccer fields, and football fields. The park also has a playground, a walking trail, and picnic areas.
- The Russell Farm Art Center is a historic farm that has been converted into an art center. The center features a gallery, a gift shop, and classes and workshops in various arts and crafts.
- Spinks-Carroll Stadium is a sports stadium that hosts high school football games and other sporting events. The stadium has a seating capacity of 7,500 and is one of the largest high school stadiums in the state.
Surely does sound inviting enough to start packing your belongings, right? Or even have packing services DFW has to offer to do that for you.
You can play golf at Hidden Creek Golf Course
Hidden Creek Golf Course is an 18-hole championship golf course located in Burleson, Texas. The course was designed by golf course architect, Gary Roger Baird, and opened in 1997. It features Bermuda grass fairways and TifEagle Bermuda grass greens, which provide a fast and challenging putting surface.
This course is also known for its beautiful scenery. It is filled with rolling hills, lakes, and mature trees. Also, it has a variety of holes that challenge golfers of all skill levels, from the beginner to the more experienced player. It has a slope rating of 126 and a course rating of 71.2 from the back tees.
Hidden Creek Golf Course also offers a variety of amenities which should make it even more attractive for all of you looking to move here with the help of movers Burleson TX offers. They include a pro shop, a driving range, and a practice facility. The pro shop offers a range of golf equipment, apparel, and accessories, and the driving range and practice facility are great places to work on your game.
The course is open to the public and offers various rates for tee times depending on the day of the week and time of day. If you are an avid golfer, you can also become a member of the club.
Do sports at Burleson Recreation Center
The Burleson Recreation Center is a state-of-the-art facility that offers a wide range of recreational activities and programs for people of all ages. The center is located on Elk Drive in Burleson, Texas.
The center offers various fitness programs, including fitness classes, personal training, and a fully equipped fitness center. The fitness center has cardio equipment, strength training equipment, and free weights, as well as a stretching area.
In addition to fitness, the center offers various sports programs and leagues, such as basketball, volleyball, and soccer. The center has multiple gymnasiums and sports courts, as well as an indoor rock climbing wall.
The center also has a 25-yard indoor swimming pool, which offers swimming lessons and aquatic fitness classes. The pool has lap swimming lanes as well as a shallow area for children.
For children, the center offers a variety of youth programs and activities, including after-school care, summer camps, and art and music classes. The center also has a game room and a playground.
Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from
Burleson, TX offers a range of bars and restaurants that cater to different tastes and budgets. Here are a few popular options:
- Frescos Cocina Mexicana offers authentic Mexican cuisine in a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere. The menu features traditional dishes such as tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas, as well as unique dishes like the Ceviche Fresco and the Tampiquena Steak.
- Old Texas Brewing Company is a brewery and restaurant that offers a range of craft beers and pub fare. The menu features burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as appetizers like beer-battered fried pickles.
- Grumps Burgers is a local burger joint that serves classic burgers, fries, and milkshakes. The menu also features specialty burgers like the Jalapeno Bacon Burger and the Mushroom Swiss Burger.
- Babe’s Chicken Dinner House is a Southern-style restaurant that offers fried chicken, catfish, and other comfort foods. The menu also features sides like green beans, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn.
- Lost Oak Winery is a local winery that offers wine tastings, tours, and a bistro-style restaurant. The menu features small plates like charcuterie boards and flatbreads, as well as desserts like the Texas Pecan Tart.
- The Porch is a casual bar and grill that offers a range of food and drink options. The menu features burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as appetizers like chili cheese fries and loaded nachos.
Overall, Burleson offers a variety of dining options, from casual burger joints to upscale restaurants and wineries. Whether you’re in the mood for Mexican cuisine, Southern comfort food, or craft beer, there’s something for everyone.
Festivals to consider attending
Burleson, TX hosts several festivals and events throughout the year that celebrate the city’s culture and community. Here are a few popular festivals in Burleson:
- The Burleson Wine & Beer Crawl is an annual event that celebrates local wineries and breweries. Participants can sample a variety of wines and beers from local producers, as well as enjoy food trucks and live music.
- The Burleson Honey Fest is a family-friendly event that celebrates all things honey. The festival features honey tastings, honey cooking demonstrations, and beekeeping demonstrations, as well as live music and activities for children.
- The Burleson Arts & Antiques Festival is an annual event that features over 100 artists and vendors selling art, antiques, and handmade crafts. The festival also includes live music, food vendors, and a children’s area.
A word about the crime rate before moving to Burleson
According to recent statistics, the crime rate in Burleson, TX is lower than the national average for cities of its size. In fact, it is lower than the state average for Texas.
The city has a total crime rate that is 35% lower than the national average. Property crime, which includes theft, burglary, and motor vehicle theft, is the most common type of crime in Burleson. The rate of property crime in Burleson is 28% lower than the national average.
Overall, while no community is completely crime-free, Burleson has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities of its size, making it a relatively safe place to live, work, and visit.
Unveiling Burleson- A guide for newcomers
Burleson, TX presents itself as a city that balances an enticing mixture of rich history, quality education, diverse recreational activities, and a thriving job market. The lower-than-average crime rate adds a layer of safety and security, making it an appealing choice for relocation. It’s essential to recognize that while the city may offer many enticing benefits, individual preferences and needs still play a crucial role in deciding if it’s the right place for you. Hence, consider all the information provided before packing your belongings and moving to Burleson, Texas.